Every process has a workflow behind it. Legacy organizations laid their foundation with business processes built around repetitive, manual and paper-based workflows. But today, agility, flexibility and precise execution through workflows make the difference between success and failure for every enterprise.
Tableau’s workflow automation makes enterprise-level processes swift, accurate and inexpensive by removing all the manual steps and designing process in an orchestrated pattern. This blog post aims to provide a clear understanding and benefits of leveraging Tableau Prep workflow automation to reduce complex chaos from your business processes.
What is Tableau Prep workflow automation
Businesses anticipate workflow automation especially in three areas: managing cost-efficiency, improving time-to-market and optimizing customer self-service. To address these efficiencies, Tableau encourages businesses to operationalize processes with flow automation. Tableau Prep workflow automation uses rule-based logic to automate manual tasks. From design, execution and automation, workflows work with predefined business rules set upon tasks, data, or files routed among employees or systems.
Here are some core benefits of using workflow automation:
- Minimizes errors
- Streamlines communications
- Reduces approval cycle
- Improves visibility
- Enhances workload management
- Continuous process management
- Increases employee satisfaction
- Adheres to compliance
Why Tableau Prep workflow automation is essential
Simple or complex, all operational workflows can be automated. Let’s have a look at some use cases that demonstrates how workflows can streamline your departmental processes.
Human resources – With workflow automation, the human resource department can drastically reduce paperwork. Workflow automation will enable the HR team to better source, verify and recruit candidates using automated approvals. Further, onboarding and off-boarding experience can be swiftly delivered. That’s not all; they can also improve workflow visibility and ensure compliance on all processes.
Let your data tell your business story with Tableau
- Overview of Tableau and integrations
- Various data visualization trends
- Must have data analytics trends in 2021
- Use cases and live demo
- Present day examples/ case scenarios
- Q & A
Marketing – Marketing teams are often burdened with repetitive and menial tasks such as sending emails and updating social media. With workflow automation, such tasks are easily managed. Collaboration with teammates at different locations, quicker content approvals and consistent follow-up of qualifying leads can be effectively tackled. Interestingly, they can autopilot multiple campaigns and monitor them from a unified Tableau dashboard.
Sales – Once you’ve got the marketing team up and running with effective workflows, it leads sales teams to build a standardized process. The use of workflow automation ensures sales representatives deliver priority tasks and never let a lead slip through due to an error. Apart from this, they can get insightful reports and analysis of the ongoing processes with prospects and clients.
Finance – Workflows designed with Tableau are a great helping hand to the finance department. It helps finance teams to manage documents efficiently, save time on approval processing, schedule auto-payments as well as create a smart payroll management system. Besides, they can opt to integrate data with other accounting software to boost productivity.
Few considerations to make for workflow automation
- Instead of finding small tasks for automation, redefine your business processes and automate with a digital vision.
- Take time to analyze your customers’ and employees’ pain points. Also, prioritize your automation areas based on the identified values for ease of implementation.
- Practice clean-sheet approach on areas that need transformations, rather than focusing on what to eliminate.
- Involve your business stakeholders and IT team before you jump-start with change management.
- Redefine the key changes you need in service delivery and align it with your talent management to deliver great customer services.
- Test your workflows based on the pain points you want to resolve and create organizational value.
- Simplify your processes, data and systems, and think about how workflow automation can be best utilized in your organization.
- Make someone in charge of the end-to-end process and involve stakeholders for transparency.
Tableau – The right fit
By utilizing Tableau’s workflow automation, you’ll reduce the risks of errors, boost employee morale, and increase the overall productivity of your organization. Also, you might need a Tableau expert to help you develop and roll out thoughtful workflows based on your organization’s processes and leverage workflow automation. If you wish to discuss how you can start automating your organizational workflows, contact our Tableau consultants.