Microsoft SharePoint 2010 which was released in 2009 and it has brought us an impressive collaboration app for enterprise-grade businesses. But now Microsoft has ended standard support for SharePoint 2010 from 13 October, 2015. This simply indicates that they are not going to give any product support and MS bug fixes. You’ll be getting just the security updates.
SharePoint 2019 Pre-Migration Check
There are several reasons why you should migrate to SharePoint 2019. It has hybrid cloud search, all the sites are in one place, it allows rapid site development, there are many PowerShell scripts and so on.
There are two types of support services that Microsoft offers with the range of its products, which are- Mainstream Support and Extended Support.
[Tweet “#Microsoft ends Supports for #SharePoint2010”]
The Following Facilities included with Microsoft Mainstream Support:
- You can request to change product design and features
- Get all the security updates
- It includes complimentary support with license
- You can go for paid support with pay per incident premier and essential support
- Get access to product specific information
- You can claim for hardware warranty
Microsoft Extended Support
It gives you limited support facility, which includes mainly security updates, product-specific information, and paid support. It does not offer complimentary support which was included with license.
Also, you will not get non-security updates, but you can get fee based support from Microsoft by paying $499 per incident. This is quite costly, isn’t it?
Is it End of the Road?
No it’s not, since Softweb consultants have in-depth knowledge of SharePoint 2010, having maintained and supported SharePoint based Portals, DMS, Business Applications and Content Mgmt. Systems of clients across various industry domains. So what is the way ahead?
Here is how our SharePoint experts can support you:
- Scale capabilities of current SharePoint 2010 based application by integrating it with your existing IT Systems
- Increase reach of SharePoint 2010 application by making it mobile and tablet compatible
- Connect with our consultants for Pre-Upgradation check, for SharePoint 2013
- Explore Beta release of SharePoint 2016
- Unleash new opportunities by migrating it to Office365