Chatbots are truly adding value to businesses worldwide with their ability to deliver conversational UX and AI capabilities that help to intelligently communicate with prospects, customers, and employees in no time.
Moreover, an enterprise chatbot platform is already facilitating today’s top businesses to leverage AI-based chatbots for their business operations. By adopting an enterprise chatbot platform, you will be able to create and deploy chatbots anywhere in your IT infrastructure, for both B2B and B2C purposes.
“57% of companies are already using Enterprise Chatbots or have plans, to begin with, one this year.” – Forrester report
What is an enterprise chatbot platform?
An enterprise chatbot platform allows enterprises to build multiple chatbots on their own. It acts as a toolset with which you can easily create, train, deploy and manage chatbots for your enterprise. You can build any type of custom chatbot with various functionalities, and deploy them in any department for immediate results.
What are the different types of chatbot platforms?
There are various types of chatbot platforms available today, and enterprises can choose depending on their needs and usage. They can be identified in 2 categories, DIY, and customized chatbot platforms.
ALAN – ENTERPRISE CHATBOT PLATFORM
Compared to subscription-based models, with Alan you get complete control over the platform.
There are plenty of DIY platforms under chatbot builder, that offer multiple choice of templates, tools, integration and conversational flow that will facilitate you to build ordinary chatbots which require no coding. These DIY bots are built with a drag-and-drop interface and can easily interact with your customers 24/7 without human assistance. There are few drawbacks with these DIY bots that you should know, one of which is that they lack customization and personalization.
Should you decide to build your chatbot using a third-party platform, it will mean that you will not be able to access the source code of your chatbot. This is something you need to understand beforehand. Not having access to your chatbot’s source code means much more than you’d think.
Firstly, it will directly mean that you will have no ownership over your chatbot. Hence, you will not be able to perform any kind of changes in the future. Secondly, you need to remember that your functionalities are limited to that platform, which will prevent you from bringing your chatbot to a new platform. Thirdly, if you wish to see new changes in your chatbot, you will have no idea of how to deal with your chatbot’s data and end up building a new one.
A customized chatbot is an intelligent one, and most are known for their AI capabilities. These are the chatbots that enterprises are looking for, as they understand customer intent and provide fast customer service. Some custom chatbots are AI-powered or NLP-based integrated into businesses for achieving better customer engagement.
A custom-made chatbot can be modified in accordance with your business objectives. Custom chatbots are usually hosted on-premises for data security reasons. A robust enterprise chatbot platform will encourage its client to host their chatbot on-premises. This will allow the enterprise to have full control over the chatbot experience while securing and managing data within the enterprise environment. If your enterprise is dealing with a large amount of financial data, health records or personal account information, then hosting the chatbot platform on-premises is ideal for your enterprise.
Why enterprises should leverage a chatbot platform
There are numerous reasons for enterprises to leverage an enterprise chatbot platform, here are the important ones:
- Secure compliance: A secure bot messaging platform will allow you to maintain your enterprise security compliance and facilitate secure data transmission.
- Create and manage multiple bots: By hosting an enterprise chatbot platform on-site you will have complete control over the system. Your team will be able to create, manage, control and monitor various chatbots using the platform.
- Conversational UX: The chatbots that you create using a chatbot platform can be trained to have a persona, adopt office jargon and understand the user’s intent during the conversation.
- Easy deployment: When you own a chatbot platform, your rule-based as well as AI-based chatbots can be deployed in no time as your systems are very well integrated.
10 vital features without which your chatbot platform is a lame duck
Chatbots are no longer restricted to just consumer facing operations but are increasingly being deployed for increasing employee productivity inside the enterprise as well.
How to choose the right enterprise chatbot platform
Selecting an appropriate chatbot platform for your enterprise can be a bit tedious. Here are four features that will help you identify the right platform for your enterprise.
- Cognitive adaptability – You will need to make sure your chatbot platform is able to leverage any AI service for future services.
- 360-degree deployment – With this feature, you are making sure that your new platform is capable of working in both environments, on-premises, and cloud.
- Easy integration – The platform that you choose should be able to integrate into your IT infrastructure and allow you to create bots that can work with your line of business applications.
- Extensive customization – The numerous chatbots you are about to create should be fully customizable, to match the needs of your on-going business goals.
Check Out – Alan: Softweb’s AI-based enterprise chatbot platform
Alan is geared towards serving the needs of enterprises, providing a huge amount of information, with the strength to serve millions of users, be it, visitors, customers or employees. The best part about Alan is that it requires no coding skills, and it is designed with a drag-and-drop interface that even a non-technical person can use quickly and create a chatbot for any task. Alan is built with extensive capabilities, and the platform can be hosted at the company’s data center or on the cloud.
“Chatbots are expected to cut business costs by $8 billion by 2022”.
– Juniper Research
Chatbots are no longer just used for handling customer service, they have now become a way to automate businesses and streamline internal and external operations. Adopting an enterprise chatbot platform will help you leverage AI-powered chatbot technology into your business to save operational time and promote active interactions with users associated with your brand name. If you are interested in knowing more about our enterprise chatbot solutions, get in touch with our experts.