Computer Systems Analyst
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Consult with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
- Demonstrate skills and ability in software design using Design Patterns, Object Oriented Methodologies, programming, testing, and debugging and a sound SDLC understanding
- Performs and directs software coding, testing, debugging, documentation, installation, and production support tasks in accordance with best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- Assists in programming efforts, collection and use of data, and technical problem resolution.
- Develop new functionality for existing computer systems
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared via various API methods.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs and write technical manuals.
- Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Define the goals of the system and devise flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Utilize the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems such as development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems.
- Supervise computer programmers or other systems analysts or serve as project leaders for particular systems projects.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Masters OR 5 years of experience with Bachelors’ Degree in computer related field