MS-SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
MS-SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) is software developed by Microsoft for server-based report generation. The primary function of SSRS is to deliver highly interactive and printed reports managed through web interface. The reports developed through SSRS software are defined in Report Definition Language (RDL). It has various programming features to improve the functionality of the reports. Users have the option of receiving reports through e-mails or having them placed on a file system.
SSRS also supports ad hoc reports, whereby designers develop a report layout and deploy it on the reporting server. Users can choose relevant fields and generate reports which can be downloaded locally.
- Support for integration and visualization of maps and geospatial to Bing Map for enterprise framework
- Enhancements like custom color palettes, merged charts, and multiple axes helps in creating visually appealing reports
- Comprehensive range of tools to manage and integrate reports in a better way
- SSRS has a "role-based security model" that provides complete safety to data
- Aids in timely delivery of quality reports to clients.
- SRSS renders complete support for Madison, SQL Azure, PowerPivot and SharePoint data sources. Therefore, reports can be created from different sources right through the enterprise.
Benefits of SSRS
Customized reports to suit organizational needsSSRS provides report templates which can be customized easily to take full advantage of the software for various domains, such as sales, purchase, and manufacturing.
Build on similar systemSince SSRS uses an MS Office Excel 2003 interface, employees can be trained on it very quickly.
Easy to learnSSRS provides eight sample reports for sales, purchase, and manufacturing with sample database and organizational data which makes it easier to learn.
Quick accessWith the help of Microsoft Dynamics GP, organizations can get one-click access to reports by storing them in a personalized My Reports list in Microsoft Dynamics GP.