HoloLens application for Augmented experience of artificial lift for the oil field
HoloLens application allowed the GE team to showcase a prototype of their new product to customers in the oil-field quicker and cheaper than traditional physical models or 3D-printed designs. Virtual prototyping greatly simplified the process eliminating tedious scaling problems and 3D print quality issues commonly experienced in demonstrating detailed prototypes of new products.
- Applying texture and lighting on the 3D model
- Placing model on table or floor using TapToPlace feature
- Revolving feature allows the user to revolve the object to visualize the 360 degree view
- The navigation option will allow the user to zoom in, zoom out, scale (0 to 6 feet), and exit the model
- Cursor object placement will help the user to Gaze the holographic model