Social Media Portal Development
Seven Dials Media is a media workflow consultancy, digital strategy and technology solutions provider organization. The client had an out of the box concept of developing a portal where users can leave voice messages to be heard by the world. He wanted to develop a Social Media Portal which can be used by the people free of cost to send audible voice messages to one another; recorded in their own voice.
Building a Social Media Portal with the Novel Concept of Voice MailDownload Case Study
- Online voice recording
- Message management
- Google Adsense
- Upload a pre-recorded message
- Listening to message
The main want of the client was to create the facility of online voice recording which is compatible with all the major browsers.
- The dynamic change of message content and image was a crucial job for us. The client desired a functionality in which the message pop-up moves and displays the related content and image dynamically; as and when different user images are selected. So we needed to work for the dynamic change of images and content.
- Moreover, to maintain the decorum of the portal, the client wanted a function of message management where the administrator can keep hold on the messages users have sent. He wanted a facility where the users can flag the message as inappropriate if they feel. And after a voice mail is flagged twice as inappropriate message, it can be taken off the site.
For online voice recording, we used the Java Sonic Applet, due to which the portal gives the facility of sound recording for sending voice mails.
- To fulfill the requirement of dynamic content and image in the pop up, we used jQuery and resolved the challenge. Moreover, to set the location of pop-up we have created a customized Java Script functionality which is compatible with almost all the major browsers.
- For message management we have created three categories inappropriate, appropriate and always appropriate. We designed a system where the users can flag the message and once it gets flagged for two times, a mail is sent to the administrator and he/she can delete it.
Softweb Solutions is the best kept secret for affordable, comprehensive and high quality development work. Having just completed our latest project with Softweb, I have an even greater understanding of their capabilities. As a result, I can now offer my clients a "total package" of consultation and development work. I highly recommend Softweb Solutions for their commitment to excellent service, their knowledge and experience in the latest web and software tools, and their fantastic team of project managers and developers.Dan McGraw