Online Social Networking Site
The client is a premier lifestyle portal on the Internet that lets users indulge in social networking and form groups around shared interests. Registered users of this site can share photos, journals and interests with an ever-growing network of mutual friends. With millions of users including bands and artists who call the site home, the portals’ powerful viral capabilities draw thousands each day to listen to music, share photos and songs, instant messages, blogs and connect with new people.
Social Networking Website for Rapid Communication and Information SharingDownload Case Study
- Enables to interact effectively with family and friends
- Facilitates quick sharing of messages and videos
- Comprehensive community portal
- Smooth navigation
- Attractively developed features
- Smart platform to search for long lost contacts
The Social Networking Web Site is meant for:
- Friends who want to talk Online
- Single people who want to meet other Singles
- Matchmakers who want to connect their friends with other friends
- Families who want to keep in touch--map your Family Tree
- Business people and co-workers interested in networking
- Classmates and study partners
- Anyone looking for long lost friends
Since it operates in a very demanding environment, the company must continually update its features and functionality or risk losing members. Senior management is regularly in direct contact with users in order to get their feedback. The development team uses this information to:
- Add features that users request
- Fine tune existing features based on user recommendations
- Delete features that users dislike or find distracting
The challenge was to create a themed, comprehensive community portal that would have a proactive "always on" posture towards virtual presence. The website would have groups, forums, blogs, music & knowledge tools that would allow sharing information, files, graphics, photos etc.
The Softweb solution was a social networking web site that involved:
- Exchange of text, audio & video messages.
- Sharing of text, audio & video files.
- Youthfully social interactions that are unstructured, loose, and fast.
- Direct communication between members and association with popular members.
- Open and ongoing social interactions, formation of groups, communities etc.
- A grassroots mass medium for communication among friends.