SharePoint Portal Development for Fortune 100 client
The client is a cellular telecommunications provider and United States based subsidiary of T-Mobile International AG, based in Bonn, Germany. It is currently the fourth-largest wireless carrier in the U.S. The Client contacted Softweb Solutions to develop an intranet Self Help Portal for their own employees that would integrate all their current applications.
SharePoint based Portal Development for Fortune 100 companyDownload Case Study
- The portal facilitate employee collaboration
- Integration with multiple platforms
- Highly innovative presentation
- 100% secure and flexible portal
- High performance search features
The Challenge was to integrate all the intranet applications through one application.
- All the applications were on the intranet, so extra effort was needed to access the intranet portals
- All the documents were on some other Document Management System. So needed to be integrated through API's.
- Needed to maintain the knowledge Base that would be searched by 36000 employees.
- Most challenging part was the dual search functionality that included the search from knowledge Base and the documents that were on some other Document Management system.
The solution was a SharePoint Intranet portal that included :
- Silverlight integrated with SharePoint.
- Ajax Integrated with SharePoint.
- Dual Search Functionality that include the Search from Document Management system (through API's) and the Knowledge Base Itself.