Extranet Portal Development
Aqueity is a well-known and respected technology Service Provider Company based in USA. They wanted us to develop an external Portal using MOSS 2007.
The client wished that this Portal could easily manage all of the user's documents. We needed to use and extend the document management capabilities of SharePoint to deliver a comprehensive portal.
Developing a customized extranet portal using MOSS 2007Download Case Study
- Access rights according to the Designation
- Updates can be managed in all sites at a time
- Secured portal
- Facilitates Multiple Actions
- Authenticated Access
The client had various requirements for which we not only harnessed all the features of MOSS 2007 but also delivered customized solutions wherever required. Our biggest challenge was to incorporate all the required features in a portal in a short time span.
- The client wanted to set different security levels in the portal for all types of users, such as executives, managers and users. So we needed to create a system where all the users were given different rights as per their roles.
- The client needed the ability to create a folder in every document library automatically. Therefore, we had to develop a function whereby on adding a folder to the main site, it would automatically get added too all the sub-sites.
We had to work diligently on different requirements in order to deliver the exact solutions.
For the various requirements of the client, we developed a de facto portal. His first requirement was to have a form based sign-in authentication with a "forgot password" and "change password" option. As this facility is not available in SharePoint, we had to create customized solutions for the same
- For document management and security, we implemented all the permissions on the document library. In this way, everyone is given different rights for using the documents. According to the rights, executives can add and delete documents, managers can add them, and users can only read them.
- We developed a function for creating a folder in every document library. In this way, the folder created in the parent site document library is automatically copied to sub-sites with the same name.
As the client had specific ideas for left navigation, we also developed a custom web part where links could be added and deleted by the administrator as per his/her wish.