Social Community Website
Our client is a leading portal management entity that wished to start a community portal targeted at individuals longing for a simple, uncomplicated country lifestyle.
The objective was to design, develop, and support an online community portal for country lovers. The portal was to be presented as a one-stop shop with a complete database of lifestyle related companies and information.
Delivering a comprehensive social community websiteDownload Case Study
- One-stop shop with a complete database of lifestyle related
- Shopping store for merchants
- Managing millions of users at the same time even in peak
- Extremely user friendly web content administration capabilities.
- Stay active in the community, upload pictures, exchange information, write blogs and create blurbs.
- Network with other individuals with similar interests, hobbies and passions.
The many challenges confronting the Softweb development team in this assignment included:
- Developing a robust framework capable of managing millions of users at the same time without slowing the site down.
- Developing and incorporating an extensive list of profile customization options, complex ranking systems and voting contests designed for enhancing users' active participation.
- Synchronizing integrated features like blogs, messenger and mail to function smoothly while being executed simultaneously.
- Enabling the site to operate at top speed even in peak traffic hours and maintaining good load balance.
- Ensuring safe and secure transfer of data.
After analyzing the needs of our client we recommended a Database driven portal incorporating an events calendar, an on-line forum, a store and shopping cart for individual merchants, a knowledge base for country related topics such as exploring the terrain discovering & navigating horse trails etc, membership section with three different categories to choose from, photo gallery, online event participation, kitchen and recipe corner.
We developed a dependable, technically sound content management system powered with cutting edge technology so as to make the whole portal seamless and easier to maintain at the backend. This provided a modular, content management application frame work that made it possible for the client to respond and adapt quickly to the changing preferences of its customers.