MS Commerce is a product developed by Microsoft for building e-commerce systems. It helps in creating e-commerce solutions and websites with high performance. It also provides comprehensive solutions for various business scenarios, such as:
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C) sales of tangible or digital goods or online service delivery
- Business-to-Business (B2B) scenarios, such as e-procurement and trading communities
- B2X Scenarios, combining Business-to-Consumer (B2C) and Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Self-Service Portals using catalogs, profiles, or content targeting for personalized information delivery
MS Commerce provides a highly scalable and efficient e-commerce platform that gives customers a completely personalized online shopping experience through any medium that can be delivered using web client technologies.
- Supports service-oriented architecture
- Provides business tools to managers to configure catalogs, virtual catalogs, advertisements, discounts, and order tracking
- Based on .Net 2.0
- Scalable profile system which can be stored in SQL server
- Provides complete business analysis and report capabilities with pre-packaged reports
- Seamless integration of internal and partner applications
- Extends the site's functionality
- Enhances user experience globally
- WYSIWYG content management and design experiences
- Over 30 out-of-the-box e-commerce web parts and controls
- SharePoint commerce services
Key features of Microsoft Commerce
Shopping site featuresThe Microsoft Commerce server provides extensive shopping site features based on ASP .NET 3.5 web parts and other features deployed in SharePoint, collectively known as SharePoint Commerce Services.
Order ManagementIncludes splitting of orders and transactional support for safe transactions.
Reports and AnalyticsIncludes 35 built-in reports and an integrated data warehouse which offers readily available information to run your business smoothly.
Marketing ManagementIncludes ads, discounts, direct mail, multi-brand campaigns, personalized experiences, and promotional codes to promote brands in a personalized manner.